- I rent an office space, but recently my landlord has really increased the rent. Can he do this?
- I am not travelling to the UK, but will be passing through it on my journey to somewhere else. Do I need a visa?
- My solicitor keeps referring to something called an ‘objective’ when we discuss our tactics for my claim. Surely he should just be concentrating on winning the case?
- I have received a ‘Report on Title’ form my solicitors, but it just seems like a lot of legal jargon! What do I need to do with it?
- I want to become a British citizen. What do I need to do?
Monthly Archives: December 2010
I rent an office for my business but can no longer afford the rent; can I sell the lease to someone else?
There are two ways to pass on a business lease rather than bringing it to an end; firstly assigning or selling the lease to someone else, and secondly underletting, or creating a new relationship where you take on a new tenant whilst … Continue reading
I am already in the process of litigation and know I have a strong case, but don’t want to battle all the way to court. What can I do?
If you have already started proceedings, but are looking to conclude them before going to court, you can send the other party what is known as a ‘Part 36 Offer’. This is like the official version of an out-of-court settlement … Continue reading
A property can be owned in a number of different ways, and how much you are entitled to can vary hugely. Firstly, one of you may own the property outright. In this case they will be able to remain in … Continue reading