We have an excellent reputation in the South West for advising and assisting commercial and individual landlords and mortgage lenders in possession and other proceedings and are a regular presence in the County Courts.
Our competitive rates will ensure that you receive an excellent value service and our approachable Solicitors will see you through each step of every necessary process.
If you require assistance with any of the following matters or more please contact us immediately:
- Advice as to types of private tenancy, e.g. the assured shorthold or assured tenancy.
- Formation and drafting of private Tenancy Agreements
- Your obligation as landlord to maintain and repair
- Non- payment of rent by tenants
- Damage to the property by tenants
- Notice to tenants to quit the property
- Possession proceedings in the County Court
- Bailiff warrants to remove tenants who refuse to quit the premises
- Meeting counter- claims by tenants
- Advice in relation to commercial leases
- Formation and drafting of commercial leases
- Advice for landlords as to breach of commercial leases
- Possession advice and action for mortgage lenders
We are the first choice for many key South West Managing Agents and landlords. To benefit from our services please contact us.
Advice for Tenants & Mortgage Borrowers.
If you are concerned that your landlord is infringing upon your rights as a tenant or you own your home but your mortgage company is undertaking action you do not understand we may be able to help.
- Do you understand what type of tenancy you have and the rights and obligations this affords to you and your landlord?
- As a tenant, is your landlord claiming ill- use of the property or non- payment of rent?
- As a tenant are you being asked to leave your property?
- Meeting possession proceedings in the County Court
- Do you have a counter-claim against your landlord?
- Are you a home-owner and your mortgage company is taking action for possession of your home?
Please note that we do not have a Legal Services Commission (LSC) franchise for the purposes of providing free advice and assistance in housing matters. However, if you wish to instruct the firm on a private basis to assist you we can offer competitive rates so please contact us as soon as you can.
Fursdon Knapper are often referred to as a niche property law firm, because of our unique expertise in every kind of property dispute. In the past few years we have been involved in many of the biggest land law cases in the country, often helping to change the law along the way.
Whether you are a landlord, an individual leaseholder or freeholder, or are a group of owners who need advice, we will be able to help you.
Our work in this area has appeared in the national papers and on television, because we get results.
The Land Tribunal and Service Charges Disputes
When it comes to representing clients in the Lower and Upper Property Tribunals (formerly known as the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal or LVT) Fursdon Knapper probably undertake more work in the South West of England, than any other law firm.
This is a specialist area of law which requires great attention to detail, and experience, and we have an excellent track record of gaining significant judgements for our clients. From July 2013, it is also now possible for parties in Service Charge disputes to be awarded their unlimited legal costs, something which was previously restricted. Therefore the risk in undertaking a challenge or a defence to a Service Charge dispute is far greater, than it used to be.
What-ever kind of property dispute that you might have, pick up the phone to speak to one of our solicitors, who will be happy to talk to you.
“When it comes to advice on property law, Fursdon Knapper are the best, which is why I wouldn’t use any one else”
Do not hesitate to contact us today.